Dr. David Duizer BSc, ND, CSCS, rmc
Dr. Duizer is a Naturopathic Doctor focused on the the holistic approach to health condition management. He has a primary care, chronic disease and longevity practice and uses a range of natural therapeutics, conventional and functional laboratories and medical prescribing to help his patients reach their optimal state of wellness.
Through integrating advanced therapeutic technology such as PNOE Metabolic Testing, Virtual Reality Testing, Cold Laser Therapy and intravenous therapies Dr. Duizer is able to apply a holistic approach that helps people heal and be well.
By combining nutrition therapy and diet/fasting advice, advanced exercise physiology, sleep support and mindfulness training for stress reduction Dr. Duizer enables patients to achieve wellness in their four lifestyle pillars.
“applying the holistic approach to chronic disease.”
- IV Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- PNOE Metabolic Testing
- Virtual Reality Therapy
Here to support you on your health journey.
Dr. Duizer grew up in a small town in rural Nova Scotia. After a highschool career in basketball and a series of academic achievements he pursued a Bachelor of Science with a Double Major in Chemistry and Psychology from the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) in Kingston, Ontario. During his time there he played CIS basketball and lead the country in minutes played for his senior season. He traveled to Belgium for the World Military Basketball Championship as part of the Canadian Forces National Basketball Team.
At RMC Dr. Duizer was awarded a series of accolades including Academic All-Canadian (2x), Commandant’s Coin for Leadership in Sport, the Four Pilliar Award for Excellence in academics, athletics, bilingualism and military proficiency, top student in his program (multiple years) and Senior Men’s Varsity Basketball MVP.
Following RMC Dr. Duizer became an officer in the Canadian Navy where he honed his leadership skills, studied naval navigation and achieved top of his class for Maritime Surface and Subsurface Training Phase 3. After deciding to pursure a career in medicine Dr. Duizer obtained a designation as “Specialist in Sports Conditioning” with the International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA).
In 2010 Dr. Duizer was accepted in the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM) where he completed his Naturopathic Physician training. During his time there he launched DAMYHealth.com an online holistic weight loss program with his wife, and prominant holistic nutritionist, Amy Layne. Together they speak weekly on their podcast – Healthy Rebel Radio (tune in on iTunes and Android).
After graduating from BINM in 2014 Dr. Duizer joined the Finlandia Health Centre where he would eventually become Medical Director. Now Dr. Duizer is a Partner at Noble Naturopathic and a clinician focused on supporting those coping with chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, autoimmune disease, chronic pain and neurological disorders.
He is currently the Co-Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) and has a passion for helping advance the education of Naturopathic Doctors.
Dr. Duizer is an instructor with the Institute for Holistic Nutrition where he teaches courses in pathology and lab diagnostics. His upcoming session for nutritionists is focused on Metabolism and Nutritional Approaches to Weight Loss.
Dr. Duizer can be found speaking on his Youtube channel and as part of his monthly Zoom Series. Common topics discussed include heart attack and stroke risk reduction, cardiovascular fitness, healthy weight loss, digestive health, hormonal health, sleep improvement and stress reduction.
In his downtime Dr. Duizer enjoys city park, beach and woods experiences/adventures with his wife Amy, two daughters True and Ever and son Wolf. He lives, works and experiences Vancouver to the fullest and is thrilled to be able to provide a life for his young family in this city.
Dr. Duizer is a member in good standing at the British Columbia College of Naturopathic Physicians (CNPBC), a member of both the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA) and Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). He is a member in good standing of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OncANP). He holds certifications in acupuncture, heavy metal chelation, intravenous and injection therapy and pharmaceutical prescribing.
Certifications (all current)
- Certificate of Prescriptive Authority – College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Certificate of Acupuncture – College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Intravenous Therapeutics – College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Chelation Therapy – College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Use of Mistletoe Therapy in Oncology – Helixor Canada
Teaching Experience & Academic Presentations
- Nutritional Pathology – Institute of Holistic Nutrition – 2018-2019
- Lab Diagnositics – Institute of Holistic Nutrition – 2020 – present
- BCNA Roundtable with Dr. David Duizer ND and Dr. Seema Kanwal ND – A Naturopathic Approach to the Cardiovascular Patient – Advancing Naturopathic Medicine – British Columbia Naturopathic Association Annual Conference – 2020
- Exercise Prescriptions for Mitochondrial Health – Advancing Naturopathic Medicine – British Columbia Naturopathic Association Annual Conference – 2021
- Assessing and Reversing Insulin Resistance in the Weight Loss Resistant Patient: Optimizing Medically Supervised Weight Loss Protocols – CytoMatrix Academic Series – 2021
- Cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) prescriptions in Chronic Disease Management: an Evidence-Based Review – CytoMatrix Academic Series – 2021
- Boosting Metabolism for Efficient Weight Loss: a Naturopathic Toolkit – Designs for Health Academic Series – 2021
- Optimizing Exercise for Mitochondrial Health and Longevity: A naturopathic approach to a complex organelle – Continuing Education Webinar Series – Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors – 2021
- Reversing Insulin Resistance in an Aging Population – A Naturopathic Approach – OAND Annual Conference – Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors – 2021
- Cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) prescriptions in integrative oncology: A naturopathic toolkit for assessment & treatment – 10th Annual OncANP Conference – Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians – 2021
- Metabolic analysis and treatment in the chronic disease patient: A Naturopathic Toolkit – Washington State Association of Naturopathic Physicians Annual Conference – 2021
- Reversing Insulin Resistance in an Aging Population – SAND Annual Conference – Saskatchewan Association of Naturopathic Doctors – 2021
- Naturopathic Primary Care Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction Model. The Vital Link, Toronto, ON — Volume 26, Issue 4, 2019
- Cardiorespiratory Fitness Assessment and Treatment for Healthspan and Lifespan. The Vital Link, Toronto, ON — Volume 27, Issue 3, 2020
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring for Non-insulin Dependent Diabetics in Naturopathic Clinical Practice. Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors Journal – Volume 28, Issue 2, 2021
Board Governance Experience
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine – Board of Directors (2015-2021) – concluding term as Chair of the Board. Positions and committee work included: Fundraising Committee, Agenda & Governance Committee, Secretary, Vice-Chair.
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine – Board of Directors (2021 – present) – currently working as Co-Vice Chair. Positions and committee work included: Academic Committee and Governance, Nominating and External Relations Committee.
- Henry Hudson Elementary Parent Advisory Counsel (2021-2022) – District PAC Representative
- Royal Military College of Canada – Bachelor of Science – Double Major (Chemistry and Psychology)
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine – Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
- Royal Military College of Canada – Award of Merit – 4 Pillar Award – 2008
- Royal Military College of Canada – Academic All-Canadian Honour Roll – 2006-2007, 2007-2008
- Royal Military College of Canada – Men’s Varsity Basketball Most Valuable Player – 2008
- Royal Military College of Canada – Commandant’s Coin for Excellence in Leadership and Athletics – 2008
- Canadian Forces – Certificate of Military Acheievement – MARS III Battleford Division – 2008
- Canadian Forces – John Kilmer Award – Top Maritime Surface and Sub-Surface Officer trainee – 2009
Affiliations & Memberships
- The College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC)
- British Columbia Naturopathic Doctors (BCND)
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OncANP)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)